Friday, December 23, 2011

Engagement Shoot


  Monday, the day after Christmas, I have scheduled an engagement shoot. While I was looking around at some engagement photography to brush up and add to my common sense of the whole thing, I thought it would be nice to share some of the  tips that I already knew, and some I didn't think about. Make sure have a plan and try to meet with the couple ahead of time. In my situation, the couple lives in another state,but they are having Christmas here with her mother-consequently they will be having their wedding here as well. So I have been speaking through email with the bride to be. We have decided to go with the lovely park area in old downtown right by the river in the morning. It says it is supposed to snow, so that will be interesting and make for interesting photos. The only thing I worry about is depending on the sunlight for some lighting. I will pray on that one. It is very important to me to the job I am paid to do and do it well- I would love to shoot the wedding. Initially this job came about to do the wedding and when asked how much I would charge, I asked what they were wanting and if engagement pictures were something they wanted as well. So I am looking forward to a fun and memorable time - The bride to be seems very excited and I want to make it as fun and comfortable for them as possible.
  


  Here are some things to think about when doing a shoot like this:

  1. Build a visual collage of their love story
  2. Listen to their ideas
  3. Let your personality shine
  4. Spontaneous and unexpected photos of their time to remember
  5. Build intimacy in the photos
  6. Take lots of photos 

Above all- take your time, use conversation and don't lose site of the romantic intimacy in your shooting (unless they want to do a movie script type- which would be really cool too! :D)
   








https://www.facebook.com/pages/Janie-Lynns-Artistic-Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Artwork And More Ways To Purchase- By Janie Lynn Photographic Art

Purchase Through Fine Art America Purchase Directly from me on my website                        OR                       Image...